From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Rational APEX Ada95 w/ X11R6
Date: 1999/06/16
Date: 1999-06-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <m3hfo8ozc7.fsf@mheaney.ni.net>,
  Matthew Heaney <matthew_heaney@acm.org> wrote:
> On 16 Jun 1999 15:17, dennison@telepath.com wrote:
>
> > > No.  All the C calls to X/Motif can be done by a thin C layer,
called

> > In which case you would instead need bindings to the "thin C
layer"...

> Yes, but that number is small compared to the number of X calls in a
> typical X client.

If you are doing X-level programming, perhaps. You can achieve the same
end with Motif by using UIL to specify the initial configuration of all
your windows. Then there's only a very small number of X/Motif calls you
need to make. If I remember correctly, you need a couple of Xt calls
(Initialize the application, main event loop), three MRM calls
(initialize, load the hierarchy from disk, get a handle for a given
widget name), and one MRM call for each widget-manipulation routine you
use. Its actually small enough where its hardly worth even buying
bindings. You can just write them as you need them.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/