* Ada package for sending email?
@ 1999-06-13  0:00 nabbasi
From: nabbasi @ 1999-06-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

any one knows of an Ada package to send email? similar to functionality
provided by java mail API?

thanks,
Nasser

* Re: Ada package for sending email?
@ 1999-06-17  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-06-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7k1gse$gih@drn.newsguy.com>, nabbasi@pacbell.net.NOSPAM writes:

> any one knows of an Ada package to send email? similar to functionality
> provided by java mail API?

As with many questions on this group, the answer depends on your
environment.  On VMS you would call the MAIL$... routines, but I
presume this is not your environment, as that answer is obvious.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: Ada package for sending email?
@ 1999-06-19  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ada package to send email? similar to functionality
>provided by java mail API?
  Do you mean just SMTP and POP, no database of messages or
composition or viewing windows and anything else fancy?

* Re: Ada package for sending email?
@ 1999-06-21  0:00   ` nabbasi
From: nabbasi @ 1999-06-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <376bc788.268736@news.pacbell.net>, tmoran@bix.com says...

>> Ada package to send email? similar to functionality
>>provided by java mail API?

>  Do you mean just SMTP and POP, no database of messages or
>composition or viewing windows and anything else fancy?

just the SMTP and POP stuff. nothing fancy.

@ 1999-06-22  0:00 tmoran
       [not found] ` <930051275.12271@www.remarq.com>
From: tmoran @ 1999-06-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>just the SMTP and POP stuff. nothing fancy.
  I've mailed you some source code.

@ 1999-06-23  0:00   ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-06-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Any chance that source code could be made public?
Yes, but even I would be embarrassed to show it in a public place at
this early stage. ;)