* Re: Update - new Win32 Bindings
@ 1999-06-11  0:00 ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 1999-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:50:37 +0200, "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
wrote:

>I have recently acquired a new set of type libraries that describe the Win32
>API. I have received permission from the author to make use of these
>typelibraries any way I would like. They include ANSI and UNICODE versions
>of the Win32 API and cover more APIs then the original win.tlb I used.

Can you make the TLBs themselves available? I'd like to use them in
other things as well as Ada... (It would improve life in the times I
have to use VB, for example...)

Thanks,
Paul Moore.

* Update - new Win32 Bindings
@ 1999-06-11  0:00 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have recently acquired a new set of type libraries that describe the Win32
API. I have received permission from the author to make use of these
typelibraries any way I would like. They include ANSI and UNICODE versions
of the Win32 API and cover more APIs then the original win.tlb I used.

I will be using these new .tlbs to produce a new Win32 Binding under the
Modified GPL. An initial run through BindCOM produced the bindings available
at http://www.adapower.com/com

These bindings are not working do to an issue with the way BindCOM is
creating the array types. I will be posting a new version of BindCOM that
fixes this issue soon.

Once the new version of BindCOM is available, I will create a project in the
lab (http://www.adapower.com/lab) with more information, plans, and a chat
board on the issue.

David Botton

From: David Botton @ 1999-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can get an excelent set of tlbs with the book "Hard Core Visual Basic",

The book also explains in detail how to use them to their max for VB.

David Botton

@ 1999-06-19  0:00     ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 1999-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:38:16 -0400, "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
wrote:

>You can get an excelent set of tlbs with the book "Hard Core Visual Basic",
>
>The book also explains in detail how to use them to their max for VB.

Yes, I've got them. But I had thought that they were not freely
available, in that I can't redistribute them for general use. On
re-checking, that isn't true - it seems like I can. Although I can't
modify the type library myself (whether this is a problem I've yet to
decide...)

Anyway, thanks for prompting me to look again at the Hardcode VB type
library - looks like it's what I was after...

Paul