From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Calling Ada proceedures from a C program
Date: 1999/06/09
Date: 1999-06-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7jlsqd$khj$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  rekennedy@my-deja.com wrote:
> One of the things that I ran into early was getting the data
> types to match up. Finding the Interfaces.C and
> Interfaces.C.Strings packages
> provided by gnat made this task much easier.

Well I should hope these are provided by GNAT, since they are
a required part of the Ada 95 language if you provide
interfacing to C.

One thing I often notice is that people struggle to do things
which are actually quite simple, from not having done enough
homework to know all the facilities that are available.

The issue of how to interface from Ada to C is covered in a
number of Ada text books, and if the description in the RM is
not clear, then you should definitely find one of these texts.

My recommendation is to at least read annexes A and B in the
RM, these are quite readable, and describe a lot of useful
stuff (including the children of Ada mentioned in the quote
above).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/