* Ada83 CORBA and Java
@ 1999-06-03  0:00 Cheryl Marquis
From: Cheryl Marquis @ 1999-06-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of a CORBA implementation for Ada83 (specifically
Verdix Ada 2.1 & Verdix Ada 3.0 on Solaris 2.5.1) and Java (specifically
JDK 1.1.6?).

Thanks,

Cheryl

--
Cheryl R. S. Marquis
Comptek PRB Associates, Inc.  phone: (301)373-2360

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Ada83 CORBA and Java
@ 1999-06-07  0:00 ` Glen
From: Glen @ 1999-06-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cheryl Marquis wrote:

> Does anyone know of a CORBA implementation for Ada83 (specifically
> Verdix Ada 2.1 & Verdix Ada 3.0 on Solaris 2.5.1) and Java (specifically
> JDK 1.1.6?).

The CORBA 2.2 spec http://www.omg.org is written for Ada95. The only
commercialAda95 CORBA implementation I know of is Objective Interfaces
http://www.ois.com
This will produce Ada95 bindings, which you could wrap you legacy code in.
There is a
free software effort ongoing ( http://www.adapower.com/corba/index.html )

There are lots of java CORBA implementations, see one of the CORBA usenet
groups, IONA seems
popular.

Glen

* Re: Ada83 CORBA and Java
@ 1999-06-08  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-06-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Also check out http://www.adapower.com/corba for other links of interest.

There is also another CORBA project for Ada95 GNACK -
http://www.adapower.com/gnack

David Botton