From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Dynamic Dispatch Example
Date: 1999/06/03
Date: 1999-06-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Brian Orpin wrote in message <375988c5.24607669@news.geccs.gecm.com>...
<snip>
>As an aside if you ever have a problem with this in Windows then rename
>the file from xxxx_tar.gz (the name given on download) to xxxxx.tar.gz
>after download and Winzip will open the file fine.

The reason I hard link to both file extensions is because when your browser
is set up to automatically invoke WinZip (i.e., before you get a chance to
rename)
WinZip gets confused.  Then one has to go chasing for the cached file and
rename it.  Otherwise you have to give up the convenience of having the
browser automatically invoke WinZip.

My modus operandi just makes life easier for the downloader, at minimal disk
space cost to the website, or FTP site.