From: mcc@entropy.cs.princeton.edu (Martin C. Carlisle)
Subject: Re: Annoying text window
Date: 1999/06/03
Date: 1999-06-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7j0trd$7lq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <jboulais@my-deja.com> wrote:
>I've recently switched from Gnat v. 3.04a to Gnat v. 3.11p as the
>compiler for developing windows apps with ada.  I've found that with
>Gnat v. 3.11p, even when just double-clicking the executable form
>windows, I get a "DOS Window" that comes up an accompanies the windows
>application that is running.  Is there any way to supress this text
>window?  Thanks...

You need to specify the -mwindows linker option.  You can do this either
on the command line, or (if using AdaGIDE) via Tools/GNAT Options in
Current Directory, or (my preferred method) add the following to your
main program:

pragma Linker_Options("-mwindows");

--Martin

--
Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
carlislem@acm.org, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html