From: "Thierry Lelegard" <lelegard@club-internet.fr>
Subject: Re: IEEE float I/O in DEC Ada
Date: 1999/05/30
Date: 1999-05-30T13:48:25+00:00	[thread overview]

The pragma float_representation(vax_float) simply specifies
the representation format for the "standard" types named
Float.

However, the package System contains explicit (and non-standard)
type definitions for all VAX and IEEE floats. If you have
specific (and explicit) requirements for float representation,
I would suggest to use the explicit and non-standard types
and _not_ use the pragma which is confusing and error-prone.

-Thierry
Thierry Lelegard, Paris, France
E-mail: lelegard@club-internet.fr