From: "Ern" <davidser@newave.net.au>
Subject: Private Types???
Date: 1999/05/30
Date: 1999-05-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have a problem which I am having a hard time solving. I'm a running a
three-file program; a driver and a package body and specification. Formerly
this was combined in one file and worked fine. Now, I've moved all the type
declarations to the specification and made some of them private. One type in
particular is an array of a record type. This is where the problem lies.
When reading data from a file which I know to be correct (this procedure
worked when all code was encompassed in one file) I get a constraint error,
if I run the procedure again, with the same file, I get a use error. What I
can't figure out is why; these types are available to the driver program.

Please, if anyone can help me, please email me directly because I don't
often visit these groups.

                            Thanks, Paul