From: "GitaSrinivasan" <gitasri@swva.net>
Subject: Re: IEEE float I/O in DEC Ada
Date: 1999/05/29
Date: 1999-05-29T22:57:39+00:00	[thread overview]

It is not clear whether you are talking about a VAX or an Alpha AXP
platform.

OpenVMS on AXP contains routines to perform such conversions -- I would look
for :

HELP RTL_Routines LIB$

In addition, if memory serves me correctly System.t_float is a valid data
type -- so simply declaring a variable of that type and assigning your
"float" variable should do the trick :

       declare
              myfloat : float ;
              ieee_float : system.t_float ;
       begin
             ieee_float := system.t_float( myfloat ) ;
       end ;

 I would look ada ada$predefined:system_.adc
On VAX systems, we had to develop a routine to perform these conversions. I
am not sure if the recent Open VMS releases on VAX'en would have these
routines are not.