* Unmapping iconified windows in X-windows
@ 1999-05-27  0:00 Stephen Davies
From: Stephen Davies @ 1999-05-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The problem:

I'm using Xlib to map and unmap windows, but if the window has
been iconified, a call to unmap has no affect. My current workaround
is to map the window before unmapping it, but I'm sure there must be
a better way.

The setup:

DEC Ada 3.0 on VAX/VMS and Alpha/VMS
Motif (can't remember the version)

The apology:

I know this would be better directed to an X-windows newsgroup,
but I thought I'd start with a newsgroup I actually read. Sorry.

Stephen Davies

* Re: Unmapping iconified windows in X-windows
@ 1999-05-27  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-05-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <je%23.9856$97.6789@stones>,
  "Stephen Davies" <steve@jovian.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
> The problem:
>
> I'm using Xlib to map and unmap windows, but if the window has
> been iconified, a call to unmap has no affect. My current workaround
> The apology:
>
> I know this would be better directed to an X-windows newsgroup,
> but I thought I'd start with a newsgroup I actually read. Sorry.

This reminds me of the story of the guy who lost his keys in an alley,
but looked for them under a streetlamp because "the light is better over
here". :-)

--
T.E.D.