From: "Shawn M. Root" <smroot@orbitworld.net>
Subject: Re: Could you help me debug this please?
Date: 1999/05/27
Date: 1999-05-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Aaron wrote in message <374a318b.1942660@news.ozemail.com.au>...
:I keep getting the error mesage  "Statemnt Expected" in line 73
:whenever I try compiling this program. If anyone could help me, I'd be
:greatful.
:

<snip most of code>

:elsif (Code=migrate) then
:(write_data(in_data : out text_io.file_type));

  ^-----------------------------------------^

The above is the form for a procedure specification (or nearly so) not
a call to that procedure.  You should replace "in_data : out
text_io.file_type" with the name a variable of type text_io.file_type
that you wish to pass to this procedure.  Additionally, the outer
parentheses around the call to write_data should be removed.  For
example:

if you have a variable declared as
In_File : Text_Io.File_Type;

then the above two lines of code would look like

elsif (Code=migrate) then
write_data(In_Data => In_File);

If this is an assignment for a class, you should really go see your
instructor for additional help.  There are other errors lurking in your
code that will trip you up later. Good luck.

<snip to end>

--
Shawn M. Root