From: Samuel Mize <smize@imagin.net>
Subject: Re: Keeping Ada and C data structures in sync
Date: 1999/05/24
Date: 1999-05-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
> In article <37459F82.BB2DB17@bbn.com>,
>   Fred Roeber <froeber@bbn.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a good way to keep data structure
>> declarations consistent between C and Ada?
>
> Can you explain precisely what you want to do here, and why
> pragma Convention does not meet your needs?

I believe he wants to mechanically ensure that the data structure
definitions are equivalent in both languages, e.g. to prevent (or
at least detect) adding a field to a struct on the C side without
adding it to the record on the Ada side.

Certainly pragma Convention is much better than using rep clauses
to lay out your records, once you have language-level equivalence.

Best,
Sam Mize

--
Samuel Mize -- smize@imagin.net (home email) -- Team Ada