From: "James S. Rogers" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: gdb fails unders win95?
Date: 1999/05/22
Date: 1999-05-23T01:11:21+00:00	[thread overview]

Without knowing the details of this particular DLL file, I know there
are a couple of possibilities:

1. The DLL was compiled using a symbol format other than COFF

2. The DLL was compiled without debug symbols.

My guess is that the DLL was compiled without debug symbols.
If debug symbols were left in the file, anybody could recreate the source
code by simply running a debugger. This is not so easily done without
debug symbols.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado