* Ada to C/C++ conversion
@ 1999-05-21  0:00 hornsbyk
From: hornsbyk @ 1999-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I'm interested in converting my Ada83 to C/C++.
Our processing systems are reaching end of life,
and our Ada vendor(s) are withdrawing support for
them.  Therefore, we have to replace all hardware
(expensive) or convert from Ada83 to C/C++ and
use the supported compilers for these platforms.
The C/C++ compilers still exist.

Question:
1.  Is there a freeware/shareware Ada83->C/C++
translator available?
2.  If no #1, are there any commercial companies
that supply a tool (metered or otherwise) that do
these conversions?
3.  If not #1 and #2, is there a commercial
company that converts Ada to C/C++ for a fee?

Any information will be useful.

don't montitor this newsgroup regularly.

* Re: Ada to C/C++ conversion
@ 1999-05-22  0:00 ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 1999-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hornsbyk@my-dejanews.com wrote:

" I'm interested in converting my Ada83 to C/C++.
  Our processing systems are reaching end of life,
  and our Ada vendor(s) are withdrawing support for
  them.  Therefore, we have to replace all hardware
  (expensive) or convert from Ada83 to C/C++ and
  use the supported compilers for these platforms.
  The C/C++ compilers still exist."

The third "therefore" is of course

   Get a new (Ada95) compiler ported to your hardware.

If there is a gcc port to your hardware then it would be
reasonably cheap ( I would think).

Otherwise you could use the Intermetrics Ada-> C compiler.

Dale

* Re: Ada to C/C++ conversion
@ 1999-05-22  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7i41a4$1df$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  hornsbyk@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm interested in converting my Ada83 to C/C++.
> Our processing systems are reaching end of life,
> and our Ada vendor(s) are withdrawing support for
> them.  Therefore, we have to replace all hardware
> (expensive) or convert from Ada83 to C/C++ and
> use the supported compilers for these platforms.
> The C/C++ compilers still exist.

For interest, what hardware are you talking about here?