* where can i post vac for Ada software engineers without annoying people ????
@ 1999-05-17  0:00 a.lindley
From: a.lindley @ 1999-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

cvs@commtech-it.co.uk

* Re: where can i post vac for Ada software engineers without annoying people ????
@ 1999-05-19  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-05-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <373fe7cf.0@energise.enta.net>,
  "a.lindley" <a.lindley@commtech-it.co.uk> wrote:
> cvs@commtech-it.co.uk

It is generally considered acceptable to post want ads for Ada jobs
here. Post adds for non-Ada jobs here and folks will get ticked.

--
T.E.D.

* Re: where can i post vac for Ada software engineers without annoying people ????
@ 1999-05-20  0:00   ` Jeff Carter
From: Jeff Carter @ 1999-05-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In addition to here, try the AdaIC at

http://www.adaic.org

and SIGAda at

http://www.acm.org/sigada/

Both have job listings.

--
Jeff Carter
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."

* Re: where can i post vac for Ada software engineers without annoying people ????
@ 1999-05-20  0:00     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-05-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <374408AB.DD56B8EA@pwfl.com>, Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com> writes:

> At one point it was suggested that there be a sub-group called
> Comp.Lang.Ada.Jobs specifically to provide a place where it would be
> "acceptable" to post want ads. I don't know if there would be enough
> traffic to make it worth doing. Maybe the issue needs to be raised
> again?

The newsgroup naming czars say data can only be in leaf nodes.
Thus, to create Comp.Lang.Ada.Jobs one would have to move our
current discussions to Comp.Lang.Ada.whatever.

I like the simplicity of the current arrangements.  If job posts
start to overwhelm, perhaps there is a comp.jobs.ada possibility
(or wherever jobs go on Internet News).

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: where can i post vac for Ada software engineers without annoying people ????
@ 1999-05-20  0:00       ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 1999-05-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> I like the simplicity of the current arrangements.  If job posts
> start to overwhelm, perhaps there is a comp.jobs.ada possibility
> (or wherever jobs go on Internet News).

It doesn't bother me to see job postings in this newsgroup as long as
they are marked as such in the subject line. Some people get upset about
things that are "off topic" though. I figure as long as it doesn't
constitute a flood, its easy enough to ignore if you're not interested.
I'd think that it would be inappropriate if the job in question didn't
involve Ada programming in some respect.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

Visit my web page at: http://www.flipag.net/mcondic

From: Marin David Condic @ 1999-05-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)