From: byhoe@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: Help! (How to do this (C) in Ada?
Date: 1999/05/17
Date: 1999-05-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7hmc99$jrm$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
> In article <7heg6m$43a$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   byhoe@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> > I am puzzle with the following C code:
> >
> > #define InheritLayout ((Boolean (*)())_Inherit)
> >
> > How can I implement the above in Ada?
> >
> > Anyone? Please help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> This is much too low a level question. Any idea of translating
> individual C statements into Ada is in the general case flawed,
> though it may make sense in the context of a particular binding.
> You need to give more context for why you are asking the
> above question, and explain what the symbols mean. For example,
> one assumes Boolean is what you might guess, but from what
> you gave, it might itself be a fancy macro, especially since
> you are not using the standard C style of all upper case for
> macro names!

In fact, I found this line in one of the code extension to the X11
library. There is an identical line which can be found in X11, Xaw's
FormP.h. I don't understand why this line is duplicated in the third
party library but I believe there is its usage somewhere which I cannot
find any instances.

_Inherit can be traced to be identical to _XtInherit which is declare in
X11's IntrinsicP.h as:

extern void _XtInherit (void);

(The same in my third party library but without the Xt, eg, _Inherit.)