From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com>
Subject: Re: How to build gnat on top of egcs-1.1.2, please?
Date: 1999/05/05
Date: 1999-05-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <37305FDB.44385920@aasaa.ofe.org>,
  David Starner <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org> wrote:

> Unless Cygnus is openly lying about the matter, I'd say this myth is
> clearly false.

Cygnus is a big company, and so the issue may well be that not everyone
knows what is going on. Just because you get told two different things
by two different people in a company does not mean that anyone is lying!

Certainly I know of at least one customer who was told by Cygnus that
there were features in GNUPro that were not (yet) in EGCS. Now it is
possible that this was misinformation, but it seems unlikely from what
I know.

I guess what is needed here if it is really of interest is a definitive
statement from Cygnus ...

It may simply be an issue of time lag, as occurs for GNAT. We issue the GNAT
Professional version first, and the public version follows, so there can be a
window where the public version does not yet have certain capabilities.

I don't see this as a big deal, so I really don't think it is that an
important issue ...