From: choboy@calspan.com
Subject: Linking Ada applications with the HLA RTI 1.3
Date: 1999/04/26
Date: 1999-04-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Has anyone ever linked a Sun Ada83 application with the RTI 1.3 C++ version?

I have a legacy system developed in Ada which uses a C++ middleware package
to invoke the RTI services. When the C++ package invokes Create or Join
services the RTI generates a segmentation error. I replaced the Ada portion
with a test driver written in C++ and the Create and Join work fine.

I looked at the Ada95 version of HelloWorld supplied with the RTI but that
uses a C++ main program to call the Ada code, i.e. a C++ program which uses
Ada code rather than an all Ada program interfacing to the RTI. Using a C++
main program is not feasible for my application.

I suspect the Ada environment has not set up everything the C++ programs
need to operate correctly. I verified that the Ada compiler is generating a
threaded executable and is linked with the RTI threaded libraries.

At this time, it isn't practical for us to migrate the legacy code to Ada95
or C++. If anyone has experience with the Ada to RTI interface and/or
suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks

Bob Choboy
Veridian Engineering
e-mail: rchoboy@buffalo.veridian.com