* Error messages from Gnat
@ 1999-04-22  0:00 Pawel Kobylarz
From: Pawel Kobylarz @ 1999-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Where can I find a more detailed description of error messages
generated by GNAT? Something like the descriptions
found in help for Borland's or Microsoft's programming
environments.

Browsing gnat distribution site, I found only gnat reference manual
 and user guide.

P.K.

* Re: Error messages from Gnat
@ 1999-04-23  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-04-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<371F8651.B23CDA64@wbkst21.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de>,
  kobylarz@wbkst21.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de wrote:
> Where can I find a more detailed description of error
> messages
> generated by GNAT? Something like the descriptions
> found in help for Borland's or Microsoft's programming
> environments.

GNAT error messages are supposed to be self-explanatory.

So if you have run across one (or more!) that is (are)
not, then please note them down, so we can discuss how
to make them clearer!

Best place to make such notes: report@gnat.com, but it
is fine to post them here too for general discussion.