From: bob@
Subject: Re: Java interfaces -> ADA
Date: 1999/04/19
Date: 1999-04-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <371AE830.4D8@lifl.fr>, "Emmanuel.Leguy" says...

>Hello,
>
>Into which ADA feature an Java interface can be translate?

I guess since an interface says simply that a class that implements it
needs to supply those methods, then in Ada, you would have a number
of abstract methods for the tag record, and then any one who
extends this record, will need to implement those methods since they
are abstract.

a Java interface is also sort of like a C++ class where its methods
are all pure virtual (ie foo() = 0; ) since any class that inherits
that class, will have to implement those methods also.

I think the java interface class is a nicer way of expressing this idea,
and it seems cleaner also. but this is just an opinion.

bob