From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com>
Subject: Re: US-MN >>> Ada Software Engineers <<<
Date: 1999/04/19
Date: 1999-04-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7fdos0$oi@drn.newsguy.com>,
  Mich@nospam wrote:
> If I am looking for a C/C++ work, the last thing I
> would do is get a job titled "looking for Ada
> programmer",
> because I'll simply be doing C/C++ programming but at the
> lower Ada programmer rate and having to work in one of
> those mediocre government defense office buildings using
> some old run-down PC with 14" monitor to program sitting
> in some small cube with 5 others programmers cramped into
> it.
>
> Mich.

That's odd, I have seen VERY good facilities in the
DoD establishments I have visited. But perhaps it depends
on your level of skill, and the kind of environment you
describe is the only one that you can reasonably aspire
to :-)

Seriously, I think you are operating under some very
peculiar misunderstandings of the real state of things.

Indeed, the really bad facilities that I have seen have
all been in commercial companies .. mismanagement of
resources is not a government monopoly :-)