From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: strange error in tiny ada 2012 program
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:36:58 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-06T17:36:58-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, July 6, 2012 2:55:53 PM UTC-7, Charly wrote:

> So my questions are:
> Did I make any mistake in this tiny program or is it a bug in the new GNAT version?
> How can a extend a proteced type (line 16).

I have no idea about the STORAGE_ERROR issue, but the answer to the second one is simple: you can't.  The following paragraph from AI95-345 appears to be the main reason:

An important advantage of eliminating inheritance of any code or data
for tasks and protected types is that the "monitor"-like benefits of
these constructs are preserved. All of the synchronizing operations are
implemented in a single module, simplifying analysis and avoiding any
inheritance "anomalies" that have been associated in the literature with
combining inheritance with synchronization.

                               -- Adam