* OpenGL bindings?
@ 1999-04-08  0:00 Bruce Detter
From: Bruce Detter @ 1999-04-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are looking for OpenGL Ada bindings (thick or thin) including glX and
glw.  They need to be for OpenGL, not Mesa.  So far All I've found is the
bindings available from http://www.niestu.com/languages/oglada which are
based on Mesa and the glX and glW bindings need work.  We would prefer to
use complete and tested bindings if they can be found.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

BCD3

* Re: OpenGL bindings?
@ 1999-04-12  0:00   ` Bruce Detter
From: Bruce Detter @ 1999-04-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks,
We are developing for the IBM RS-6000 w/AIX 4.3.  OpenGL is supported and
delivered with the OS.  Our compiler and IDE is PowerAda from OC Systems.
Our GUI is XWindows so we need the glX and glW bindings as well as the gl
and glu bindings.

BCD3

Joachim Schroeer <schroeer@amst.co.at> wrote in message

> Bruce Detter schrieb in Nachricht <7ej4on$req4@svlss.lmms.lmco.com>...
> >We are looking for OpenGL Ada bindings (thick or thin) including glX and
> >glw.  They need to be for OpenGL, not Mesa.  So far All I've found is the
> >bindings available from http://www.niestu.com/languages/oglada which are
> >based on Mesa and the glX and glW bindings need work.  We would prefer to
> >use complete and tested bindings if they can be found.
> >
> >Any help will be greatly appreciated...
> >
> >BCD3
> >

> You did not mention, for what plattform you need the binding. I did a lot
> of OpenGL programming on Windows NT using the Win32Ada binding
> (see my posting "Another (small) Ada success story" from Thursday).
> It was developed using NT and ObjectAda. I tried to port the SW
> (about 50000 loc) to GNAT 311p  for NT but failed. From my
> experience I would recommend OA for WinNT.
>
> J. Schr�er

* Re: OpenGL bindings?
@ 1999-04-12  0:00 ` Joachim Schroeer
From: Joachim Schroeer @ 1999-04-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-04-14  0:00     ` Bruce Detter
From: Bruce Detter @ 1999-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joachim,
Check out Jerry van Dijk's (often seen in this newsgroup) home page:
http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk
His site is a wonderful reference and he has a section with a glut download
link, and how to use it (generally for gnat, but portable enough I think for
OA).  It uses the Win32ada bindings and using the notes on his page I was
able to install the Win32ada and glut bindings and create OpenGL apps on my
NT machine with the gnat compiler and AdaGIDE tool.

BCD3

Raffaele <raffaele@dynamite.com.au> wrote in message
> Joachim Schroeer wrote:
>
> > Bruce Detter schrieb in Nachricht <7ej4on$req4@svlss.lmms.lmco.com>...
> > >We are looking for OpenGL Ada bindings (thick or thin) including glX
and
> > >glw.  They need to be for OpenGL, not Mesa.  So far All I've found is
the
> > >bindings available from http://www.niestu.com/languages/oglada which
are
> > >based on Mesa and the glX and glW bindings need work.  We would prefer
> > >use complete and tested bindings if they can be found.
> > >
> > >Any help will be greatly appreciated...
> > >
> > >BCD3
> > >

> > You did not mention, for what plattform you need the binding. I did a
lot
> > of OpenGL programming on Windows NT using the Win32Ada binding
> > (see my posting "Another (small) Ada success story" from Thursday).
> > It was developed using NT and ObjectAda. I tried to port the SW
> > (about 50000 loc) to GNAT 311p  for NT but failed. From my
> > experience I would recommend OA for WinNT.
> >
> > J. Schr�er
>
>   I am also trying to use OpenGL with ObjectAda (Win32). The trouble I am
> having
> is in finding a GLUT-Ada binding. Did you use GLUT or the default, and
> outdated, aux
> library?
>
> Regards,
> Raffaele Filardo

* Re: OpenGL bindings?
@ 1999-04-14  0:00   ` Raffaele
From: Raffaele @ 1999-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-04-16  0:00       ` Joachim Schroeer
From: Joachim Schroeer @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Detter schrieb in Nachricht <7f2gah$2646@svlss.lmms.lmco.com>...
>Joachim,
>Check out Jerry van Dijk's (often seen in this newsgroup) home page:
>http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk
>His site is a wonderful reference and he has a section with a glut download
>link, and how to use it (generally for gnat, but portable enough I think
for
>OA).  It uses the Win32ada bindings and using the notes on his page I was
>able to install the Win32ada and glut bindings and create OpenGL apps on my
>NT machine with the gnat compiler and AdaGIDE tool.
>
>BCD3

I'm sure, that GNAT works with OpenGL on WinNT, but I failed to port
a 50000 loc application developed with OA.

From: Joachim Schroeer @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)