* INMOS Transputer
@ 1999-04-04  0:00 Harry Tucker
From: Harry Tucker @ 1999-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have two INMOS Transputers (T425, T805) in my computer -- is there an Ada
compiler for these processors?

* Re: INMOS Transputer
@ 1999-04-04  0:00 ` robert_dewar
From: robert_dewar @ 1999-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <923237140.760.19@news.remarQ.com>,
  "Harry Tucker" <snagaghash@sonetcom.com> wrote:
> I have two INMOS Transputers (T425, T805) in my computer
-- is there an Ada
> compiler for these processors?

Alsys used to have a transputer compiler for Ada 83, but
it may no longer be available, check with Aonix.

* Re: INMOS Transputer
@ 1999-04-04  0:00 ` Peter Dencker
From: Peter Dencker @ 1999-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Go and ask Aonix Ltd in Great Britain (adrian.larkham@uk.aonix.com).

Regards, Peter Dencker

Harry Tucker schrieb in Nachricht <923237140.760.19@news.remarQ.com>...

@ 1999-04-06  0:00 ` rmeenaks
From: rmeenaks @ 1999-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <923237140.760.19@news.remarQ.com>,
  "Harry Tucker" <snagaghash@sonetcom.com> wrote:
> I have two INMOS Transputers (T425, T805) in my computer -- is there an Ada
> compiler for these processors?

Hi,

Did you get any PD/GPL version for the transputers (GNAT maybe).  If so, send
a copy over to me (as well as any other transputer programs).  I maintain the
transputer homepage at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/1190.
I have tons of software, books, etc on-line and all are legally free to
distribute.  There you will find the Helios Parallel OS, Parallel Prolog,
Standard ML, Modula-2, and a lot more. So, if you have anything that I can
include, just send me an email to rmeenaks@olf.com.  Thanks

Ram

* Re: INMOS Transputer
@ 1999-04-06  0:00   ` Tristan Gingold
From: Tristan Gingold @ 1999-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Tue, 06 Apr 1999 01:59:07 GMT, rmeenaks@olf.com <rmeenaks@olf.com> ecrivait:
>In article <923237140.760.19@news.remarQ.com>,
>  "Harry Tucker" <snagaghash@sonetcom.com> wrote:
>> I have two INMOS Transputers (T425, T805) in my computer -- is there an Ada
>> compiler for these processors?
>>

>Hi,
>
>Did you get any PD/GPL version for the transputers (GNAT maybe).  If so, send
>a copy over to me (as well as any other transputer programs).  I maintain the
>transputer homepage at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/1190.
>I have tons of software, books, etc on-line and all are legally free to
>distribute.  There you will find the Helios Parallel OS, Parallel Prolog,
>Standard ML, Modula-2, and a lot more. So, if you have anything that I can
>include, just send me an email to rmeenaks@olf.com.  Thanks
There is an experimental gcc back-end for T800.
So, a port of GNAT is doable :-)

Tristan.

* Re: INMOS Transputer
@ 1999-04-07  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7ebpp7$ruc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  rmeenaks@olf.com wrote:

> Did you get any PD/GPL version for the transputers (GNAT
> maybe).

As far as I know, the transputer remains one of the few
architectures for which a GCC port has not been done (it
is an elegant though VERY unconventional architecture).
Thus a GNAT port is unrealistic at the moment.

* Re: INMOS Transputer
@ 1999-04-09  0:00     ` rmeenaks
From: rmeenaks @ 1999-04-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7egmm4$tlr$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
> In article <7ebpp7$ruc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
>   rmeenaks@olf.com wrote:
>
> > Did you get any PD/GPL version for the transputers (GNAT
> > maybe).
>
> As far as I know, the transputer remains one of the few
> architectures for which a GCC port has not been done (it
> is an elegant though VERY unconventional architecture).
> Thus a GNAT port is unrealistic at the moment.

No.  There is a port of GCC to the transputers.  Actually several ports.  The
last port was GCC 2.7.2.  It can be found on my webpage at
http://members.tripod.com/transputer.  Another older port was done for the
Helios Operating System.  There exists yet another port called tracc (a rare
one, very very difficult to find) which is GCC 1.?.?  I have a copy, but never
looked at it.  The GCC 2.7.2 code isn't really optimized too well though.

Ram