From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: Gnoga on MinGW 32 and 64bits
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 06:27:58 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-11-28T06:27:58-08:00	[thread overview]

> for building and using Gnoga since AWS is no longer required.

I would like to point out that the reason for dropping the AWS requirement was not because of technical reasons, AWS is very robust and mature. The reason was that only the latest AWS in git is now working for the project on its last commit using AWS and I didn't wish to fork AWS just to remove the small additions that made it dependent on newer versions of gcc/ada that are not readily available for distribution without GPL viruses on the runtime.

The additional benefits, such that you only need the Gnoga distro (which includes the dependent lib for now) and the compiler and have all you need is certainly a nice, but AWS when you have the right compiler, etc. is not difficult to compile and install.

David Botton