* Ada compiler for OS/400?
@ 1999-04-05  0:00 Glenn Booker
From: Glenn Booker @ 1999-04-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there an Ada95 compiler for the AS/400 (e.g. OS/400 V3)?  I haven't
seen anything on the validated compiler list...

Glenn Booker
gbooker@acm.org

* Re: Ada compiler for OS/400?
@ 1999-04-05  0:00 ` Richard D Riehle
From: Richard D Riehle @ 1999-04-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <370a5c0a.11717812@news.snip.net>,
	gbooker @ acm . org (Glenn Booker) wrote:

>Is there an Ada95 compiler for the AS/400 (e.g. OS/400 V3)?  I haven't
>seen anything on the validated compiler list...

 This question came up from time to time during the 1980's.  As
 you know, only RPG III was available for the AS 400 for a long time.
 Later, COBOL.  Even Later C.  Once C became available, some people
 made inquiries about Ada.

 When Meridian was still alive, they were negotiating with a company
 in Michigan to port their compiler to AS 400.  I think this effort
 faded into oblivion when Verdix acquired Meridian.  Of course, Meridian
 also faded into virtual oblivion when Rational dumped the compiler
 on Harcourt-Brace.

 Richard Riehle
 richard@adaworks.com
 http://www.adaworks.com