From: robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: Ada Compilers for TMS320C40 processors
Date: 1999/04/03
Date: 1999-04-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <37051B3E.2542B8CD@wanadoo.fr>,
  xavier.cusset@wanadoo.fr wrote:
> Hello
>
>     Are there others Ada compilers available for
>     TMS320C40 processor
>     than the one from Tartan (TEXAS now) which is rather
>     expensive.

and is also obsolete (it is basically an Ada 83 compiler).
(yes, yes, I know Richard, sometimes obsolete tools are
appropriate :-)

There are two paths to consider. There is a gcc port, so
a GNAT port is certainly practical.

The other approach is to use the Intermetrics compiler to
generate C code, there is some loss of efficiency in this
translation, and some loss of debugging information, but
this approach may be quite acceptable in practice (it would
not surprise me if it turned out to be competitive with the
Tartan compiler in practice, and the fact that it is Ada 95
is a big advantage).