From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Terminal Control (or System calls), unix
Date: 1999/04/02
Date: 1999-04-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3703F011.1DBB143C@cs.und.edu>,
  "Sven E. Anderson" <anderson@cs.und.edu> wrote:
> I am attempting to write a simple screen editor with Ada95 and would
> like to suppress the tty echo (unix/linux).  A very simple solution
> would be a system call to "stty -echo cbreak".  How might I make such
> a call in Ada?

If its a system call, you should be able to make it from Ada. However I think
stty is typically a shell builtin, isn't it?

> I take it that Ada does not have the equivalent of C's curses package.

If your platform has curses, you should be able to write bindings to the
curses functions you want to use and link in libcurses.a. The curses routines
are just library calls that can be made from any language that knows how to
link to them. It just happens that most people use C to do that, but it
doesn't have to be that way.

T.E.D.