From: koburtch@gmail.com
Subject: Re: ANN: Sparforte 1.5.1
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 10:52:38 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-11-18T10:52:38-08:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:36:13 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> > How important is a shared library?  Anyone else want me prioritize one?
>
> Also, would that shared library be available with a runtime exception like GMGPL? If I recall your project is GPL which makes sense as an application.
>
> My personal interest is to use it as a scripting language in association with Gnoga (http://www.gnoga.com), for example I am going to begin work soon on an GUI builder for Gnoga, I'd like similar to how GPS uses Python to consider using Spaforte as the scripting language for it.
>
> In the course of that, and adding hooks fro Spaforte to Gnoga, I am thinking others may find use as well for scripting needs in their projects.
>
> David Botton

I originally used GMGPL.  I may have changed it, as you observed, since the exception in the GMGPL didn't apply to SparForte...that was a while ago.

I've made a note in the ChangeLog on Github to do a shared library.  I will try to address this as time permits: I had some disruptions in the last month.

Also, I've made changes as per another Email, fixing issues with high-ascii Latin-1 characters being rejected in certain contexts, and adding some additional command-line editing features.  I've put these changes on Github but I haven't tested them yet.

Regards,
Ken B.