From: jeanbaptistesmn@gmail.com
Subject: Re: gprbuild not working on GNAT 2015 GPL for raspberry pi cross compile
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 03:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-06-16T03:28:47-07:00	[thread overview]

Le samedi 11 juillet 2015 20:13:09 UTC+2, Brad Moore a écrit :
> I am trying to get gprbuild to work for the GNAT 2015 GPL  Raspberry Pi 2 Linux (32 bits) release.
>
> When I try to build one of my project files, I get the error,
>
> "warning: no compiler specified for language "Ada", ignoring all its sources"
>
> I can build most of my projects with
>
> arm-linux-gnueabihf-gnatmake instead of gprbuild.
>
> However, some of my projects involve multi-language support, which fails to build.
> I suspect that if I could get gprbuild to work, then I would be able to build these projects.
>
> I have googled and found others with similar problems on other GNAT releases, but have not seen any real fixes.
>
> Has anyone had any luck using gprbuild for this release.
>
> I think I could possibly get things to work by defining the GNAT compiler from scratch
> in the gprbuild knowledgebase files, but surely one shouldn't need to do that if the compiler
> is GNAT. One would think the base install would have set things up for compiling Ada.
>
> So I suspect, there is a quick and easy fix.
>
> Anyone know what that might be?
> Has anyone managed to get gprbuild to work with the 2015 Raspberry Pi GPL release of GNAT?
>
> gprbuild does work fine with the x86 build of the x86 2015 GPL release.
>
> One thing I note, is that when I use the -v flag on the gprbuild command line,
> I see  --target=x86-linux
>
> I would have thought the target show as --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf
>
> Yet, the only compilers in my PATH are the Raspberry GNAT cross compiler,
> and the FSF x86 compiler for the 4.9 release.  The Raspberry GPL compiler appears first in the PATH.
>
> However, if I run
> /usr/gnat/bin/gprconfig --show-targets
>
> I only get the following output;
>
> List of targets supported by a compiler:
> x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> It appears that gprbuild and gprconfig are unable to find the install of the raspberry Pi cross compiler.
>

> Regards,
> Brad Moore

Hello,

i have the problem too but i don't resolve it.
I think the ENV_PREFIX variable is correctly set :

$ echo $ENV_PREFIX
/usr/gnat/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot

sysroot directory was generated

and :

$ gprconfig -show-targets
Lists of targets supported by a compilater:
arm-linux-gnueabihf
x86_64-linux-gnu
arm-linux-gnueabihf

but when i do :
$ gprbuild --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf -P myProject.gpr
"warning: no compiler specified for language "Ada", ignoring all its sources"
"main.adb" is not a source of project "myProject"

Simon, i'm not sure i understand your answer :

>Gprconfig looks for a compiler and a runtime. If it finds {target}-gcc
>it runs -dumpmachine to find the version, then looks for runtimes in (at
>least) lib/gcc/{target}/{version}; first in adalib/, then via
>ada_object_path, then via rts-*/.

what's wrong whith my environment ?

Jean-Baptiste