* SQL bindings to Ada 95
@ 1999-03-19  0:00 William Dale
From: William Dale @ 1999-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are hoping to interface with a Oracle Database using SQL from GNAT
Ada 95.[3.11p]

Are there any FREE bindings or APIs available?
--

"The difference between hardware and software is that the more you play
with hardware, the more likely you are to break it, but the more you

Bill Dale
LMMS
mailto:william.dale.jr@lmco.com
mailto:N2RHV@amsat.org

* Re: SQL bindings to Ada 95
@ 1999-03-19  0:00 ` nabbasi
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: nabbasi @ 1999-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36F2D4BE.683A@lmco.com>, William says...

>We are hoping to interface with a Oracle Database using SQL from GNAT
>Ada 95.[3.11p]
>
>Are there any FREE bindings or APIs available?

There is SQL binding.

Check my ada page for bindings links

http://home.pacbell.net/nma123

Nasser

* Re: SQL bindings to Ada 95
@ 1999-03-20  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1999-03-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

William Dale (william.dale.jr@lmco.com) wrote:

: We are hoping to interface with a Oracle Database using SQL from GNAT
: Ada 95.[3.11p]

: Are there any FREE bindings or APIs available?

If you are running an supported Oracle database, ask Oracle. They used to
have a standard Ada binding. Earlier versions were not very good, but I
was told later that things had improved. I do not know what the current
situation is.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Team Ada       | jdijk@acm.org

* Re: SQL bindings to Ada 95
@ 1999-03-20  0:00 ` Rob Veenker
From: Rob Veenker @ 1999-03-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have a look at Pascal's Ada page:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry/contrib.html

Rob

William Dale wrote in message <36F2D4BE.683A@lmco.com>...
>We are hoping to interface with a Oracle Database using SQL from GNAT
>Ada 95.[3.11p]
>
>Are there any FREE bindings or APIs available?
>--
>
>"The difference between hardware and software is that the more you play
>with hardware, the more likely you are to break it, but the more you
>play with software the more likely you are to FIX it."
>
>Bill Dale
>LMMS
>mailto:william.dale.jr@lmco.com
>mailto:N2RHV@amsat.org

* Re: SQL bindings to Ada 95
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-03-20  0:00 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-03-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: n2rhv

You can use ODBC if you are working on a Win32 platform (and perhaps
with some work on Solaris).

See my ODBC example at:

http://www.botton.com/ada/os

and also Pascal Obry's page for a higher level binding to ODBC:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry/contrib.html

David Botton