From: Richard D Riehle <laoXhai@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Q: Is there anybody ? (in Korean)
Date: 1999/03/12
Date: 1999-03-12T13:21:00-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <7cbade$471@top.mitre.org>,
	mfb@mbunix.mitre.org (Michael F Brenner) wrote:

>Unfortunately, it might be necessary for you to re-send your question
>about Ada-95 in English, if no one answers it in Korean.

I have begun a correspondence with the person from Korea who
posted the original inquiry.  His name is Son, Sang Hee.
He is using Ada on Red Hat Linux.

They had an Ada symposium at his college, Soongsil College.  He is
a budding Ada enthusiast.  There is a URL for the symposium,

                  (http://143.248.188.1/)

Mr. Hee indicates there are no Ada 95 books in Hangul (the written
form of the Korean language), and only three Ada 83 books.  It would
be great if someone could fund a translation of the ALRM into Korean.

If you write to Mr. Hee, keep your English very simple -- no complicated
sentences.  He does not speak very much English.  He is willing to hear
from other Ada enthusiasts if they can communicate clearly.

I know that there are some defense projects in Korea being done in
Ada.  There is not much else in Ada.  At least one Korean university
has seriously to my knowledge. I believe someone from ACT visited
Seoul last year.

Richard Riehle
richard@adaworks.com
http://www.adaworks.com