From: mfb@mbunix.mitre.org (Michael F Brenner)
Subject: Re: Ada95 representation of geographic coordinate system(s)
Date: 1999/03/12
Date: 1999-03-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Actually, you might be surprized at how much geography is no
longer done exclusively by DOD, but has been privatized, and
made available for commerce by those private companies that are
doing it.

I have some Free code that does a simple spherical earth model,
including intersections of great circles on the earth,
dead reckoning, travelling along great circles, and converting
plane to spherical trigonometry.

I do not know of a Free source of source code for the various
geodetic, oblate, etc. systems of geographical coordinates.

However, the original question is not complete. Could you give
more details on what you are looking for?

Previous Response > why don't you ask the American DoD,
                  > I'm sure they'll give you free
                  > access to all their source code.

Steve Quinlan > If anyone has or knows of any Ada95 design or