From: Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: n versioning is there any other better approach
Date: 21 Apr 2006 08:45:21 -0500
Date: 2006-04-21T08:45:21-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <1145599506.289672.274530@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>, "Ananth the Boss" <anboss@gmail.com> writes:

> we are developing safety critical flight software by n version
> approach.also we validate performance of flight software by comparing
> results of software with that of another version(autonomous).how can
> this be effective.ther may b a chance that autonomous may b wrong.since
> 'n' times the same task of development has 2 b carried out time and
> labor involved is wasted in this strategy.

1. I don't think you will have much luck with such inattention to spelling
   and capitalization.  (Ada does not require the latter, but documentation
   does.

2. Formal Proof is a different approach from multiple versions.

3. Multiple versions do not count as multiple versions of they were done
   by the same team.  Probably they should also not be done in the same
   programming language.