From: "Nick Roberts" <Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: Help with Deletion (not lazy) from AVL Trees
Date: 1999/03/11
Date: 1999-03-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm glad you have figured this one out.  We are generally eager (possibly
sometimes slightly too eager :-) to help people with Ada problems here on
comp.lang.ada.  Two things occur to me: it's funny how the same algorithm
can be expressed in so many (largely cosmetically) different ways, even in
the same language; most people use red-black trees rather than AVL trees
these days (often as a matter of fashion, I reckon), since (allegedly) RBTs
generally have better (search?) performance. (Oh and -- I don't mean this in
any kind of pejorative way -- but it's funny how you can tell a Modula
programmer/program who/that's been adapted to Ada :-)

Nick Roberts