From: briot.emmanuel@gmail.com
Subject: Re: GNAT GPL 2017 X86-64 GNU Linux (64 bits)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 00:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-07-13T00:35:46-07:00	[thread overview]

> I'm a bit surprised it's this way, I have to say. Git doesn't take that
> long to get the statuses.

and GPS should not either. I have done most of the work on this new git
integration, but then left the company so I am not sure whether anything
has changed.
I discovered one issue with the Branches view, there's an exception
raised in some cases. I have submitted a patch, but AdaCore hasn't
integrated it yet.

You could try integrating the patch from https://github.com/AdaCore/gps/pull/17
(purely on the python sources) and see whether things work better.
Otherwise you should definitely report this as an issue (in github I think)