From: "Michael Young" <nobody@all.org>
Subject: More questions...
Date: 1999/03/07
Date: 1999-03-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have two questions about Ada; more will certainly follow.

1) I've heard it said here that Ada, compared to other languages, is
"reader-friendly" at the expense of being "writer-unfriendly". I
understand the need to be reader friendly. I'm curious why you feel it
is friendlier to read than, say, C++.

2) Robert Dewar stated some time ago that finalize should be used
sparingly because of performance concerns. Is this still true of GNAT
3.11? More broadly, is this a language issue, or a feature specific only
to certain GNAT or other implementation? Destructors in C++ are simply
normal function calls. Are controlled types significantly different from
other types to make this unrealistic?

Thanks.

Michael.