From: fraser@sinopsis.com
Subject: Re: how to do bit-wise operation on none modular types?
Date: 1999/03/05
Date: 1999-03-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

paene lacrimavi postquam smize@imagin.net scribavit:

>Gosh, I didn't mean to upset you.  Maybe you should speak to Niles.

Hmmm.  You know, ever since I arrived in the US, people have been calling
me either Frasier or Michael Stipe.  This never happened in Australia,
although we're certainly aware of the existance these two gentlemen.

Michael Stipe I can live with :)

>For a bitmap, I prefer a syntax that makes it clear I'm viewing that
>value as a series of bits ("and").  For an integer, I'd use a syntax
>that makes it clear that I'm viewing the value as an integer ("mod").

Indeed.  (Or, for the AOL users amongst you, ME TOO!)  (I didn't really
mean that).

However, I still find myself using / and mod even for modular types.  Ada 83
habits that are hard to break.

Fraser.