From: nabbasi@pacbell.net
Subject: still Looking for GNAT modified GPL header
Date: 1999/03/02
Date: 1999-03-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7bg8vm$i43$1@cf01.edf.fr>, "Pascal says...

>>Thanks for pointing this, but I did NOT know this. Actually I wanted to
>>use same thing as GNAT, that is why I cut/past the generic header from
>>one of GNAT source files, and simply used GETOPT where it said GNAT !
>>(see below). So I am now confused.
>>

>You must use an header from a GNAT libraries, For example :

The header of GNAT library module (such as S P I T B O L) you posted and
GNAT COMPILER COMPONENTS  such as  I N T E R F A C E S . C, is
the same ! and it is the same header I used (which I copied from one
of GNAT files.

I still can;t find a header anywhere in GNAT sources that says "modified"
GPL on it. or different than what I used on my file.  according to the
GNAT README, it seems the GNAT RUN-TIME is under this modified GPL. but
when I look at a header of one such file such as A D A . T A G S, (run-time
component) it is the same as all the others. so where is this header hiding?

on http://www.gnat.com, I see this:

-------------------------
Q: But What About the Runtime?

The runtime units that are included in your GNAT program, including
all the units in the standard library, and those that are
implicitly included for such functions as tasking, are distributed
under a modified version of the GPL which makes sure that
you can WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS distribute executables built by GNAT
in any manner you like, with whatever license restrictions you choose.
This modified GPL does not impose any obligations for distribution or
disclosure of sources. This means that you can use GNAT freely to
generate classified, proprietary, or otherwise restricted applications.
And of course
there is no question of a runtime license fee, since you can copy the runtime
units freely.

But where is this header that says it is using a modified GPL so I can
cut/paste it?

thanks :)

Nasser