From: nabbasi@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: fyi: getopt package in Ada.
Date: 1999/03/01
Date: 1999-03-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7beicd$pop$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com
says...

>I am sure that nabassi intends this, but just to point this
>out to others, these units are under the GPL, this means
>that they CAN NOT be used in other than GPL'ed programs.
>This is quite unlike the situation with GNAT libraries
>which use a modified GPL permitting their use in any
>kinds of program. It also means of course that we cannot
>distribute getopt.ads/adb as part of the GNAT library,
>which otherwise might be nice to do!

Thanks for pointing this, but I did NOT know this. Actually I wanted to
use same thing as GNAT, that is why I cut/past the generic header from
one of GNAT source files, and simply used GETOPT where it said GNAT !
(see below). So I am now confused.

I'll be happy to modify the header and repost it if I know what I
need to write to make it use the same as GNAT, and it will be great
if you can use the package aspart of GNAT (allready got email from
few who found it usefull).

Nasser
http://home.pacbell.net/nma123

--                                                                          --
--                         GNAT COMPILER COMPONENTS                         --
--                                                                          --
--                                T A B L E                                 --
--                                                                          --
--                                 B o d y                                  --
--                                                                          --
--                            $Revision: 1.36 $                             --
--                                                                          --
--          Copyright (C) 1992-1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.          --
--                                                                          --
-- GNAT is free software;  you can  redistribute it  and/or modify it under --
-- terms of the  GNU General Public License as published  by the Free Soft- --
-- ware  Foundation;  either version 2,  or (at your option) any later ver- --
-- sion.  GNAT is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITH- --
-- OUT ANY WARRANTY;  without even the  implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY --
-- or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License --
-- for  more details.  You should have  received  a copy of the GNU General --
-- Public License  distributed with GNAT;  see file COPYING.  If not, write --
-- to  the Free Software Foundation,  59 Temple Place - Suite 330,  Boston, --
-- MA 02111-1307, USA.                                                      --