From: "Nick Roberts" <Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: with'ing a "foreign" package or subsystem
Date: 1999/03/01
Date: 1999-03-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

All my library units (almost all) are under the umbrella "ThoughtWing"
package.  If ACME had named its Stacks "ACME.Stacks" in the first place, and
you had named yours "Matt.Stacks", there would have been no problem.

I guess a new pragma might just possibly help, e.g.:

   pragma Incorporate_Library (Base_Package => ACME, External_Location =>
"acme.stuff");

which adds the library (be it in source form, intermediate form, or
whatever) in directory/project "acme.stuff" to the current library, but as
if every unit 'x' were named "ACME.x" (and implicitly declaring an empty
package 'ACME').

Another one for Ada 200X?  These ideas are building up!

Nick Roberts