From: fraser@synopsys.its.a.joke.son.com
Subject: Re: Ada or C++ acting 'correctly' here?
Date: 1999/03/01
Date: 1999-03-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I nearly cried when w_s_m@g5.com said:

>With -W3, always a good idea, microsoft will give you an 'integral constant
>overflow' message on the expression.  With -WX -W3 you could even say it
>behaves as well as the ADA compiler.

Until you replace the constants with a couple of variables, which will
send you off into hyperspace without a speck of complaint.

Mind you, this is only one amongst many reasons to choose Ada (ADA being
the American Dental Association or something, which you can choose as
well, but I'm not qualified to comment on that).

Fraser.