From: dewar@gnat.com
Subject: Re: Compiler implementation of speciallized needs annexes.
Date: 1999/02/25
Date: 1999-02-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <727154320wnr@diphi.demon.co.uk>,
  jpt@diphi.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Ummm, is there a smiley missing off there? I'm sure that
> an early  meeting of the Annex H Rapporteur (sp?) Group
> (about three years ago?)  decided that it wasn't possible
> to define any sensible tests for the
> Annex H facilities.
>
> Phil Thornley.

No need to guess! Go look at the ACVC tests. Yes, of course
there are tests for annex H! It is certainly true, as it is
true for all parts of the language, that not all
requirements are tested, and indeed, it is also true that
Annex H has a rather high proportion of untestable stuff,
but that does not mean it is ALL untestable.

Indeed, the tests cannot be entirely trivial, since as
people have noticed that many Ada 95 compilers cannot pass
these tests, and do not claim annex H conformance as a
result!

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies