* List of some ada Idioms
@ 1999-02-24  0:00 Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 1999-02-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've put on my web page (see below) a list of some Ada idioms that my
students seemed to stumble on.
Basically the course I teach covers most of Ada95, except controlled
types (we cover generics, oop etc.)

I'd be happy to hear suggestions of other idioms, corrections etc.

Since the idiom file was produced from a Word file, I'd be happy to know
whether it looks ok in Netscape, which I don't have on this machine.

Enjoy, and thanks.

Ehud Lamm     mslamm@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il
http://www2.cybercities.com/e/ehud/ada

* Re: List of some ada Idioms
@ 1999-02-24  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-02-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ehud Lamm wrote in message ...
>I've put on my web page (see below) a list of some Ada idioms that my
>students seemed to stumble on.
>Basically the course I teach covers most of Ada95, except controlled
>types (we cover generics, oop etc.)
>
>I'd be happy to hear suggestions of other idioms, corrections etc.
>
>Since the idiom file was produced from a Word file, I'd be happy to know
>whether it looks ok in Netscape, which I don't have on this machine.

The pages look fine on Netscape Commnicator 4.5, running on NT 4.0 (SP3)

There are two links which are broken, however, viz.:

         Automatic Rational Numbers
         Linked Lists instead of Euclid's Algorithm

David C. Hoos, Sr.

* Re: List of some ada Idioms
@ 1999-02-25  0:00   ` Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 1999-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, David C. Hoos, Sr. wrote:

> The pages look fine on Netscape Commnicator 4.5, running on NT 4.0 (SP3)
>
> There are two links which are broken, however, viz.:
>
>        Automatic Rational Numbers
>        Linked Lists instead of Euclid's Algorithm

Thanks. I know. These should point to buggy code students handed in, so I
am waiting to the end of the semester to put it on the site.

Just to be clear - the page I was refereeing to in my NG article wasn't
the main page - it was the idioms page linked from it.

Ehud
http://www2.cybercities.com/e/ehud/ada
http://www2.cybercities.com/e/ehud/ada/idioms.html <= the idioms page

* Re: List of some ada Idioms
@ 1999-02-25  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1999-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<Pine.A41.3.96-heb-2.07.990224223015.126584A-100000@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il>,
  Ehud Lamm <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> I've put on my web page (see below) a list of some Ada idioms that my
> students seemed to stumble on.
> Basically the course I teach covers most of Ada95, except controlled
> types (we cover generics, oop etc.)

> Since the idiom file was produced from a Word file, I'd be happy to know
> whether it looks ok in Netscape, which I don't have on this machine.

It looks fine on my NT netscape 4.5. The multicolored "beach balls" used for
bullets look a bit odd.

I can email you a screenshot if you'd like.

T.E.D.