From: fraser@nospam.com
Subject: Re: problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
Date: 1999/02/24
Date: 1999-02-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I nearly cried when NoWay@GoAway.com said:

>I get this sometimes when running netscape.  Oh well...I'll live.

It's the 90s!  You shouldn't have to put up with this any more.  If
everybody shrugs their shoulders and reboots, then nothing will ever
change.

Anyway.  Back to the question.

>middleman wrote:

>> At the end of the building sequence i get a "fatal exception OE" in a big
>> blue backgrounded screen.
>> this happens with all  programs, making it impossible to use it at all.
>> I'm running a w95 machine with 64mb ram, PII 300mhz processor.

Certainly, the short answer is "use Linux."  But that's not always
practical.  Like, when ... um, oh yeah, if you have an 8088.

A slightly longer answer:

o  Try unstalling gnat and reinstalling.  Use all the suggested defaults
   if possible.

o  If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the OS.  I
   remember (when I was a lad) having to reinstall W95 every few months,
   because that seems to be the only way to keep it running (and the word
   "running" is used here in the broadest possible sense).  Then a daily
   reboot would keep most things going.

o  If that doesn't work, see the short answer.  I did, and I'm a very
   happy boy now.

regards,
Fraser.
(change nospam to synopsys for my real address)