From: "Mike Silva" <mjsilva@jps.net>
Subject: Re: A note on Ada subtyping
Date: 1999/02/22
Date: 1999-02-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

mike@zin.world.com wrote in message <7asf3h$9gm@drn.newsguy.com>...
<...>
>This is an excelllent language. By using variables with restricted
>ranges and values, as in this case, Ada helped me find a prblem in
>my logic!
<...>
>Makes me wonder, why isn't the whole world programming in Ada?

My experience is much the same as yours.  Ada always seems to have excellent
ways to represent the small (for now...) problems I attempt.  It's been
quite a revelation for this long-time programmer, who now goes home from his
programming job and programs for *fun* again.  I also just found this
article:

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/ajpo/docs/reports/lawlis/5.htm#t2

which, along with the other advocacy info I've read, just reinforces your
question (and many Ada programmers' frustrations, I imagine).

Mike Silva