From: z93john@mtek.chalmers.se (John I Quist)
Subject: Re: Opening a fifo hangs
Date: 1999/02/22
Date: 1999-02-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com wrote:
: > : Is there any good reason to be using such an ancient
: > : (well over two years old, and six versions back)
: > : version of GNAT?
: >
: > From MY perspective, no. From my university's perspective
: > it seems, yes. I can't do much more than complain, eh?

: Grab your own copy of GNAT, on any machine you like, the
: Solaris version if you like, and install it where you want
: using option 3. Now of course if your university will not
: supply the few $$ worth of disk space necessary for this
: installation, then you do have a problem.

Disk space is indeed a problem... I have 19 megs left of my
42 meg quota. I'll take a look at the GNAT package and see
if it's possible to squeeze it in.

BTW: do you have any idea what's my problem with the fifo?