From: robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: accesibility level problem
Date: 1999/02/21
Date: 1999-02-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <36CEEDCC.80E021D2@lmco.com>,
  Steve Quinlan <steven.quinlan@lmco.com> wrote:
> and wanted to be directed to the relevant RM sections,
> hard to understand though they may be.

Actually I had the impression that he simply wanted to
understand why his code was wrong.

Most certainly directing people to the accessibility
section of the RM is a poor idea. If you can understand
this section, don't go to language lawyer school, you
are already more qualified than the author :-)

I don't know if this section had to be so inpenetrable. I
think the problem was that it is difficult to describe the
restrictions at an appropriate high level of semantic
abstraction.

If you think about the underlying implementation (which
means you must know enough to know the general model which
underlies typical implementations of stack based
languages), then you can in fact re-create the rules based
on the understanding of the underlying aim.

By the way, when I talk about input "we" have received, I
mean ACT at report@gnat.com. As a company we do not pay
attention to anything posted on CLA. I am one of the few
people at ACT who follow CLA, but reporting a problem here
or making a suggestion for an enhancement here does not
constitute talking to ACT!