* Re: problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
@ 1999-02-19  0:00 ` mike
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: mike @ 1999-02-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7alcck$9vb$1@apple.news.easynet.net>, "middleman" says...

>At the end of the building sequence i get a "fatal exception OE" in a big
>blue backgrounded screen.
>this happens with all  programs, making it impossible to use it at all.
>I'm running a w95 machine with 64mb ram, PII 300mhz processor.
>
>I would be greatfull of any response

this sounds like a windows problem.

I suggest you switch to a real OS like Linux.

Mike.

* problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
@ 1999-02-20  0:00 middleman
From: middleman @ 1999-02-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

At the end of the building sequence i get a "fatal exception OE" in a big
blue backgrounded screen.
this happens with all  programs, making it impossible to use it at all.
I'm running a w95 machine with 64mb ram, PII 300mhz processor.

I would be greatfull of any response

ByeZeeBYe
middleman
ChuckD

* Re: problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
@ 1999-02-21  0:00     ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1999-02-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"middleman" <no-span-thanx@ukonline.co.uk> writes:

> I am interested in using linux but adagide is what i use at university. If i
> could get the same program for linux then that would deffinately give me a
> good reason to install linux, but I also need things like adagraph. I am a
> comlete newbie, and am not sure about what facilities are available for ada
> on a linux box.

I use emacs, on a Linux (for powerpc) box.  GNAT is fully integrated
with emacs.

Realize that emacs is more than just an editor; it's more like a
complete development environment.  I use it for email and news too.  I
start up emacs, and never have to leave it.

* Re: problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
@ 1999-02-21  0:00   ` middleman
From: middleman @ 1999-02-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am interested in using linux but adagide is what i use at university. If i
could get the same program for linux then that would deffinately give me a
good reason to install linux, but I also need things like adagraph. I am a
comlete newbie, and am not sure about what facilities are available for ada
on a linux box.

anyway thanx

ByeZeeBYe
middleman

@ 1999-02-22  0:00 ` mcc
       [not found] ` <36D1B332.3B4294A8@goaway.com>
From: mcc @ 1999-02-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  "middleman" <no-span-thanx@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> At the end of the building sequence i get a "fatal exception OE" in a big
> blue backgrounded screen.
> this happens with all  programs, making it impossible to use it at all.
> I'm running a w95 machine with 64mb ram, PII 300mhz processor.

I would suggest reinstalling.  We have over 1000 users on this
platform at the Air Force Academy who are succesfully using
GNAT.

--Martin

* Re: problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
@ 1999-02-22  0:00 ` Corvus
       [not found] ` <36D1B332.3B4294A8@goaway.com>
From: Corvus @ 1999-02-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get this sometimes when running netscape.  Oh well...I'll live.

--
This is my .SIG file.  Enjoy.

* Re: problem with GNAT adagide v3.11p (adagide v6.21p)
@ 1999-02-23  0:00   ` middleman
From: middleman @ 1999-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Corvus wrote in message <36D1B332.3B4294A8@GoAway.com>...
>I get this sometimes when running netscape.  Oh well...I'll live.

i can't live with it cause nothing ever builds. therefore no programming.

@ 1999-02-24  0:00   ` fraser
From: fraser @ 1999-02-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I nearly cried when NoWay@GoAway.com said:

>I get this sometimes when running netscape.  Oh well...I'll live.

It's the 90s!  You shouldn't have to put up with this any more.  If
everybody shrugs their shoulders and reboots, then nothing will ever
change.

Anyway.  Back to the question.

>middleman wrote:

>> At the end of the building sequence i get a "fatal exception OE" in a big
>> blue backgrounded screen.
>> this happens with all  programs, making it impossible to use it at all.
>> I'm running a w95 machine with 64mb ram, PII 300mhz processor.

Certainly, the short answer is "use Linux."  But that's not always
practical.  Like, when ... um, oh yeah, if you have an 8088.

A slightly longer answer:

o  Try unstalling gnat and reinstalling.  Use all the suggested defaults
   if possible.

o  If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the OS.  I
   remember (when I was a lad) having to reinstall W95 every few months,
   because that seems to be the only way to keep it running (and the word
   "running" is used here in the broadest possible sense).  Then a daily
   reboot would keep most things going.

o  If that doesn't work, see the short answer.  I did, and I'm a very
   happy boy now.

regards,
Fraser.
(change nospam to synopsys for my real address)